Hello hello, fellas! Let’s do an #EngQuiz today. Y’all ready?
Today’s #EngQuiz is pretty simple. Choose one correct word which matches the description given in each number.
Q1. Figuratively/Literally – realistic or exact speech.
Q2. Forth/Fourth – forward (in time/place/order), out into view.
Q3. Gorilla/Guerrilla – a large ape.
Q4. Hole/Whole – complete, not divided, not wounded.
Q5. Its/It’s – belongs to it, the possessive form of it.
Q6. Later/Latter – the last of two things mentioned.
Q7. Lessen/Lesson – something that you learn.
Q8. Lightening/Lightning – a flash of light in the sky.
Q9. Passed/Past – to go by, to move ahead of.
Q10. Patience/Patients – the ability to remain calm and composed.
There goes all 10 #EngQuiz numbers. Take your time answering them. And feel free to check out your dictionary. :D
1. Literally – realistic or exact speech.
E.g.: He literally slap his face when you jokingly told him to.
2. Forth – forward (in time/place/order), out into view.
E.g.: A stranger came forth from the crown and dropped a mysterious box.
3. Gorilla – a large ape.
E.g.: Can I borrow your Gorilla costume for one day?
4. Whole – complete, not divided, not wounded.
E.g.: The baby cried the whole trip home.
5. Its – belongs to it, the possessive form of it. E.g.: The dog licked its foot after stepping in syrup.
6. Latter – the last of two things mentioned.
E.g.: If I have to choose between beauty or brain, I’ll take the latter.
7. Lesson – something that you learn.
E.g.: The movie taught me a lesson about being history.
8. Lightning – a flash of light in the sky.
E.g.: The rain poured hard and lightning stroke over and over again.
9. Passed – to go by, to move ahead of.
E.g.: The train passed the station without even stopping.
10. Patience – the ability to remain calm and composed.
E.g.: Patience is something I don’t have. I’d rather go somewhere else.
There goes the correct answers to tonight’s #EngQuiz. How did you fare, fellas? How many did you guess right?
That’s a wrap, fellas! Night night! XOXO