Heyya, fellas! Who likes to go shopping? I’m sure quite a lot of fellas love to go shopping. I do too. :D
Today, we’ll talk about some idioms related to shopping. Let’s start!!
1. To shop around. Meaning: to visit several shops and compare the prices.
- “Let’s shop around while we have time. We might find a better price.”
2. To shop till you drop. Meaning: to go shopping for a very long time, until you are exhausted.
- The new mall is so huge you can shop till you drop.
3. A rip-off. Meaning: an extremely expensive price.
- I can’t believe you pay so much for dinner last night. The food wasn’t that good. What a rip-off!
4. A shopping therapy. Meaning: an idea that buying things can make you feel better.
- “Don’t be so sad. How about a little shopping therapy to cheer you up?”
5. To throw something in. Meaning: to add another product for free.
- “If you buy one of these sets now, I’ll throw in some free samples.”
6. To go window shopping. Meaning: to look at things in shop windows, without buying anything.
- “You can find a lot of people go window shopping at malls around the end of every month.”
7. To slash prices. Meaning: to greatly reduce prices.
- “Do you still want the red dress we saw the other day? They’re slashing prices by 75%.”
8. To go bargain hunting. Meaning: to go around to different stores looking for the best price or deals.
- “The best place to go bargain hunting is the fashion outlets in Bandung.”
There goes 8 #IOTW for today, fellas! I hope you find them useful. See you again tomorrow with more interesting discussions!
- #EngGame: Vocabulary Related To Shopping
- #EngTalk: Shopping
- #EngTalk: Shopping (2)
- #IOTW: Idioms on clothing (3)
- #EngVocab: Other Meanings of ‘Fashion’ that You Should Know