This time, I will be sharing some #EngVocab on types of lighting and light bulbs. Of course those who have a house or wanted to decorate or structure their room, would want to have certain kind of lighting.
Types of lighting would include:
- Ambient lighting. Meaning: lighting with hidden light source, giving the room/interior a glow. Ambient on its own word means relating to its immediate surroundings or environment.
- Accent lighting. Meaning: direct lighting or a ‘highlighting’ which are used to light certain points of a room. Accent as a word on its own means a feature giving an emphasise towards a particular part of something.
- Task lighting. Meaning: lights used for daily activities so it has to be glare-free and giving visual clarity. Task here as a word means work that has to be done.
- Natural lighting. Meaning: this includes using light from the sunlight, candlelight and firelight. Natural here would mean something that comes naturally, either from nature such as sunlight or element of nature such as fire.
So those are the types of lighting, what about the types of light bulbs existing today?
- Tungsten. We almost use this one everywhere, it has a yellow colour effect.
- Spotlight. This bulb gives a focused white light. It seems that spotlight can be used for accent lighting.
- Halogen. This bulb gives almost like a natural daylight or “white light.” Halogen is also used in accent lighting, as it can be dimmed it is also possible to use it for ambient lighting.
- Fluorescent. This bulb gives a flat and striking light, has different colours. Fluorescent lights also liked to be used by artists as their artwork medium picture.
We also find the words Fluorescent and Tungsten in a camera setting e.g. indicating the white balance
So that’s it, fellas! I hope this #EngVocab article has been useful to you.
Pictures source: Google search
- #EngVocab: Types of phobia
- #EngTrivia: Types of government
- #EngTips: Types of soaps
- #BusEng #EngVocab: Types of job & types of work
- #EngGame #EngVocab: Types of people