9th of December is observed as World Anti-corruption day. It has been observed annually since the passage of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption on 31 October 2003. The fight against corruption should really be done every day. Don’t you think so, fellas?
In this occasion, we’ll share some proverbs about anti-corruption. Let’s see what people in different countries say about corruption.
- “A man can never be perfect in a hundred years; but he may become corrupt in less than a day.” ~ Chinese proverb
- “Evil words corrupt good manners.” ~ Romanian proverb
- “Power attracts the corruptible.” ~ English proverb
- “Money can even corrupt the virtuous.” ~ African proverb
- “If the teacher be corrupt, the world will be corrupt.” ~ Persian proverb
- “A good purpose is like a doctor and evil purpose corrupts.” ~ Swahili proverb
- “The corruption of the best things makes the worst.” ~ Latin proverb
- “Evil communications corrupt good manners.” ~ Romanian proverb
- “Corruptly acquired goods are not praised by the third heirs.” ~ Sicilian proverb
- “One who relates with a corrupt person likewise gets corrupted.” ~ African proverb
We hope these proverbs can motivate us all to fight against the temptations of corruption. We can be a huge influence for people around us for the fight against corruption really starts from ourselves.
- For fellas who are students, do your best in your studies and don’t cheat in exams.
- For fellas who work, do your best at your workplace. Be honest in your duties and responsibilities.
- For fellas who are parents, be a good example for your children. Don’t let them mimic your bad habits.
- For fellas who drive, cars or motorbikes, obey the traffic rules. Don’t drive against the traffic. Don’t cross the red light. Especially while your children ride with you.
- #EngProverb: Famous American proverbs and their meanings
- #EngProverb: Proverbs related to friendship
- #EngProverb: Indonesian proverbs and their English equivalents
- #EngProverb: Proverbs from various countries
- #EngProverb: Proverbs with animal theme