Today I would like to share some vocabulary related to.. Meetings! Do you like meetings? How often do you have a meeting?
Here are 11 word combinations using the word “meeting” and their meanings.
- Arrange/ set up/ fix a meeting: organize a meeting. “I’m fixing a meeting with the team members this week.”
- Bring forward a meeting: make a meeting earlier than originally decided. “Alex has brought forward the meeting to tomorrow.”
- Put back/ postpone a meeting: make a meeting later than originally planned. “Let’s postpone the meeting until everyone is ready.”
- Cancel a meeting: not have a meeting after all. “Did our boss cancel the meeting? I don’t see anyone coming.”
- Run/ chair a meeting: be in charge of a meeting. “Who will run the meeting tonight? You?”
- Attend a meeting: go to a meeting. “I will attend a big meeting with very important clients tomorrow. I need to be ready.”
- Miss a meeting: not go to a meeting. “I can’t believe I missed our meeting because I overslept this morning!”
Source: Business Vocabulary in Use – Intermediate by Bill Masculll