We have talked about some Australian slang words related to food some time ago. This time around, we’ll continue with some Australian slang words related to animals.
1. Boomer. Meaning: A large male kangaroo.
2. Joey. Meaning: Baby kangaroo in its mother’s pouch.
3. Mob. Meaning: Group of kangaroo. (This is my fave thing about Australia: You could be sitting in a park then WOW).
I was shocked when I first heard of this, but some kangaroos are allowed to be eaten in Australia. Eating kangaroos is a form of population control. Some species are protected, but some are so overpopulated they are allowed to be hunted.
14. White ants. Meaning: Termite. ‘Rayap.’
- #AUSSlang: Rhyming slang
- #AUSSlang: Rhyming slang (2)
- #AUSSlang: Australian slang related to time
- #AUSSlang: Food and drink
- #AUSSlang: Australian slang