Fellas, today let me share some
#EngVocab related to greetings and other useful phrases that you can use every day. Check them out! :)
- When we leave someone we usually both say “Goodbye” and perhaps, “See you soon!” “See you soon” is quite informal.
- When someone goes to bed, we usually say “Goodnight”. We sometimes also say “Sleep well”.
- Don’t say “Goodnight” when you arrive somewhere, only when you leave.
- If you ask for something you usually say “Please”.
- If someone does something nice for you, you say “Thank you”.
- When it is someone’s birthday we say “Happy Birthday”.
- On (or near to) the 1st January (New Year’s Day) we say “Happy New Year”.
- If someone is going to do something difficult (for example, take an exam or have an interview for a job) we say “Good luck!”
- If someone has done something special (done well in an exam, got a new job, had a baby) we say “Congratulations!” or “Well done!”
Source: English Vocabulary in Use by Michael McCarthy and Felicity O’Dell