Tonight admin wants to share some #IOTW related to Heart.
- Aching heart: rasa sakit hati atau sedih karena kehilangan. e.g. Meg’s mother passed away last year and since then she always visits her graveyard with her aching heart every week.
- After one`s own heart: disukai oleh orang lain karena memiliki kesukaan yang sama. e.g. My boyfriend really likes heavy metal, just like my brother. He is after my brother’s heart.
- Break someone’s heart: membuat orang lain menjadi sedih. e.g. It broke my heart to see my niece who had lost his parents.
- Close to someone’s heart: sesuatu yang sangat penting bagi seseorang. e.g. Luke lives with his mother and his mother’s happiness is very close to his heart.
- Cross someone’s heart and hope to die: berjanji bahwa apa yang kamu katakan benar. e.g. I promise that I’l buy you a present on your birthday. Cross my heart and hope to die.
- Die of a broken heart: menderita karena sedih sekali. e.g. Pete almost died of a broken heart when his ex-girlfriend told him to break up with her.
- Do someone’s heart good: membuat seseorang merasa bahagia. e.g. It does my heart;s good when I get some smiles from my crush.
- Do something in a heartbeat: melakukan sesuatu secepatnya disaat ada kesempatan. e.g. Lucas will quit his jobs in a heartbeat.
- Eat someone’s heart out: merasa kesal sekali. e.g. Gerard eats his heart out when Mikey broke his guitar that he won’t forgive him.
- Find it in one’s heart to do something: memiliki keberanian untuk melakukan sesuatu. e.g. I couldn’t find it in my heart to tell my mom that I didn’t pass the exam.
- Have a heart of a stone: sangat tidak ramah. e.g. Brandon has a heart of a stone that no one wants to be his friend.
- Have a heart of gold: sangat baik hati dan ramah. e.g. My mother always tells me to have a heart of gold and always help other people when I have a chance.
- Have someone’s heart set on something: sangat menginginkan sesuatu. e.g. Lyn has her heart set on getting a phone for her birthday.
- Heart stands still: merasa sangat takut. e.g. My heart stood still when our car almost hit a motorcycle.
- To someone’s heart’s content: sebanyak yang seseorang inginkan. e.g. My nephew was able to play in the beach to his heart’s content.
I’ve tweeted all of the #IOTW with their meanings. Hope those’ll make your night. Hope all of us will have a heart of gold. Night!