Hello, fellas. How are you this evening? I hope you’re having a good day today!
Anyway, it’s World Book Day! Take a peek here: http://www.un.org/en/events/bookday/ :)
Because today is World Book Day, our session today is about books! Who loves books?
Today I’m going to share some abbreviations of book terms. #EngTrivia
1. unpag (unpaginated): The pages are not numbered. #EngTrivia
2. ep (End Papers): The sheets of paper pasted onto the inner covers, joining the book block to the covers. One side of the sheet is pasted to the inside cover, the other is left free.
3. bdg (Binding): The cover of the book.
4. op (Out-of-Print): A book no longer being printed.
5. nd (No Date): No date of publication mentioned within the book.
6. al (Autographed Letter): A handwritten letter.
7. ser (Series): A group of volumes with a common theme issued in succession by a single publisher.
8. cl (Cloth): A cloth-bound book. The covering can be linen, buckram or another textile.
9. b/w (Black & White): Usually describes illustrations, photographs, etc.
10. Ltd (Limited): Any book whose publication is deliberately restricted to a comparatively small number of copies, usually numbered and often signed by the author and/or illustrator.
That’s all I can share for today, fellas. I hope it could help you understand the abbreviations of book terms :)