Tonight’s #EngGame is about vocabulary related to computer and the Internet. I’m sure you’re already familiar with words that will be described here. :)
Clues given are:
- The first letter of each word.
- The definition of the word.
Happy guessing the vocabulary, fellas! :D
- W _ _: World Wide Web.
- F _ _ _: a complete collection of data stored on a computer.
- M _ _ _ _: a small device that can be rolled to move the cursor and control various functions on the computer.
- B _ _ _ _ _ _: a computer program that enables use of the internet.
- S _ _ _: unsolicited email sent to many addresses at once, usually commercial.
- M _ _ _ _: the device that connects a computer to a cable or telephone line.
- U _ _ _ _ _ _: to improve something.
- B _ _ _ _ _ _ _: to save a URL page in the directory of one’s internet software.
- S _ _ _ _ _ _ _: programs, tools or applications that are run on computer hardware.
- C _ _: Central Processing Unit.
- M _ _ _ _ _ _: the computer screen.
- C _ _ _ _ _: a moveable symbol such as an arrow, a hand, or a triangle that indicates position on a screen.
- K _ _ _ _ _ _: the typewriter-like board with letters and numbers that is used to give commands to the computer.
- W _ _ _ _ _: a box or opening on a computer screen where a program or application is displayed.
- I _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _: the connection and/or communication between different machines, such as a computer and a printer.
Resource: Fluent English by Barbara Raifsnider