“The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.“
Happy Mother’s Day!
Did you do anything special with your mum? How did you celebrate Mother’s Day?
Where ever you’re from, every mother would surely love her children. Perhaps more than a child’s love for his mother. To celebrate Mother’s Day, I’ll share some proverbs from around the world about mother’s love.
- “Like mother, like daughter.” – 16th century proverb.
- “What the child says, he has heard at home.” – African proverb.
- “Who takes the child by the hand takes the mother by the heart.” – German proverb.
- “A rich child often sits in a poor mother’s lap.” – Danish proverb.
- “Heaven is under feet of mothers.” – Persian proverb.
- “Who takes the child by the hand, takes the mother by the heart.” – Danish proverb.
- “To understand your parents’ love you must raise children yourself.” – Chinese proverb.
- “God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.” – Jewish proverb.
- “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” – Irish proverb.
- “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” – Chinese proverb.
The word ‘mother‘ isn’t only what you call your mom. ‘Mother‘ isn’t a one time job of giving birth or feeding a child. ‘Mother‘ is a lifetime job which gives no salary, has no break nor leave, and combines multitudes of tasks.
- #EngQuote: Indonesia mother’s day
- #EngQuote: Quotes from “How I Met your Mother”
- #EngKnowledge: Halloween history
- #EngConvo: Morning conversation with mom
- #EngConvo: Family dinner