Good evening, fellas. How’s your Sunday? I think today was a hot day. Now, let’s move on to our session. What will it be? It will be #EngProverb. Tonight, I’m going to share some proverbs to you. Here we go…
1. A change is as good as a rest
Meaning: a change in routine is often as refreshing as a break or a holiday.
2. A happy heart is better than a full purse
Meaning: happiness is better than wealth.
3. Be swift to hear, slow to speak
Meaning: listen carefully before speaking.
4. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Meaning: don’t do mean things to people.
5. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket
Meaning: have a backup plan. Don’t risk all of your money or time in one plan.
6. Empty vessels make the most noise
Meaning: the least intelligent people are often the most talkative or noisy.
7. Fine words butter no parsnips
Meaning: nothing is achieved by empty words or flattery.
8. Grief divided is made lighter
Meaning: if you share your grief, it will be easier to bear.
9. Half a loaf is better than none
Meaning: you should be grateful for something, even if it is not as much as you wanted.
10. It is always darkest before the dawn
Meaning: the most difficult time is just before the problem is solved.
That’s a wrap for today, fellas. Cheerio! :D