Hello hello, fellas! How are you doing today? I hope the hardship of today don’t leave you with any bitter thought.Well, life would be boring without all the ups and downs, wouldn’t it? Therefore, I’ve chosen 10 #EngProverbs for today’s session.I sincerely hope these #EngProverbs could help you reflect on your day and hopefully gives you some peace of mind :)
1. You can lead a horse to water but can’t make it drink. Meaning: You can offer someone an opportunity but can’t force them to do it.
2. Where there’s life there’s hope. Meaning: There will always be hope if you stay alive and use your life to its best potential.
3. Truth has no answer. Meaning: You cannot argue against facts or refute what is true. Facts show what is true.
4. There is safety in numbers. Meaning: Being in a crowd makes you feel more confident and consolation when in need of support.
5. One swallow doesn’t make a summer. Meaning: A single satisfactory event does not mean that all the others will be as good.
6. Save me from my friends. Meaning: Friends can be more dangerous than enemies. Beware of bad influence.
7. The wish is father to the thought. Meaning: You think that something is true because you want it to be so.
8. If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride. Meaning: Wishing alone is of no use; you must act as well.
9. Better lose the saddle than the horse. Meaning: Stop and accept a small loss, rather than continue and risk losing everything.
10. Great oaks grow from little acorns. Large successful operations can begin in a small way.
That’s all for today, fellas! I wish you all well. XOXO