Hey there fellas! Hope your Saturday has been well so far :)
Pernah bertanya-tanya gak selai-selai roti dalam bahasa Inggris apa saja? Ini dikenal sebagai “bread spread” atau “food spread on bread” :)
Untuk mengisi hari Sabtu-mu, simak yuk #EngVocab berikut ini :)
1. Butter = mentega – yellow solid food used for bread spread and melted for cooking.
2. Jam = selai – a sticky sweet food made from boiled fruit and sugar.
3. Peanut butter = selai kacang – a soft food made from crushed peanuts.
4. Caviar = kaviar – made of fish eggs, in some countries considered as luxurious food.
5. Marmalade = selai jeruk – sweet food made from cooked fruit such as oranges or lemons.
6. Preserve = another name for jam.
7. Marmite – A brand of spread made from yeast and cooked vegetables, comes from Britain.
8. Vegemite – Also a brand of spread made from yeast and comes from Australia.
9. Hummus – has no Indonesian translation. Made from chickpeas blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic.
10. Paste = pasta – made from crushed meats and fishes used for cooking as well.
@nisaBSR: “kaya terasi berarti shrimp paste ya?” <- Bisa juga :)
With the helps of:
Images from Google Images of each #EngVocab
Compiled and written by @daedonghae at @EnglishTips4U on August 24, 2013