Today we’re gonna have #EngGame about homophones! The rule is simple: write down the homophone of the word in brackets to fill in the gaps.
Here’s an example:
- “We can’t live without a _ _.” (heir)
- The answer is: ‘air’. Because ‘heir’ and ‘air’ are homophones. Easy, right? :-)
Let’s start the #EngGame!
- “W _ _ _ _ are you going?” (wear)
- “Please w _ _ _ _ down the answers in the answer sheet.” (right)
- “Life is no fairy t _ _ _.” (tail)
- “I like p _ _ _ when it’s sweet. Do you like it too?” (pair)
- “You finally w _ _! Congratulations!” (one)
- “I can’t drink p _ _ _ _ milk. It tastes awful.” (plane)
- “A h _ _ _ is an animal that looks like rabbit.” (hair)
- “Do you really have to d _ _ your hair blue? You’re not a rock star, you know…” (die)
- “The traffic in this road is crazy in the morning. We might need to take another r _ _ _ _.” (root)
- “Look at you now! You look fatter. You must have gained some w _ _ _ _ _.” (wait)