Hello there, fellas! How’s your day? Are you ready for today’s session? Before we start, did you follow our discussion on Simile and Metaphor not too long ago?
Today, I’ll share some similes that people often use to compare things. So, here goes…
1. As opposite as black and white. Arti: berlawanan. Cth: Although the boys are twins, they’re as opposite as black and white.
2. As plain as a day. Arti: jelas, terang, nyata. Cth: Her report was as plain as a day, she didn’t have to explain anything.
3. As regular as clockwork. Arti: tertib, selalu, teratur. Cth: Erwin drinks coffee every morning, as regular as clockwork.
4. As snug as a bug in a rug. Arti: merasa sangat nyaman. Cth: I won’t leave. I’m feeling as snug as a bug in a rug here.
5. As stubborn as a mule. Arti: keras kepala. Cth: Whatever you say, he’ll never change his mind. He’s as stubborn as a mule.
6. As fit as a fiddle. Arti: segar bugar, penuh semangat. Cth: Bring it on! I can do it. I feel as a fit as fiddle today.
7. As busy as a bee. Arti: sangat sibuk, tidak bisa diam. Cth: She’s been as busy as a bee preparing for the party since morning.
8. As clear as a bell. Arti: suaranya sangat jelas. Cth: I can hear them fighting from up here, just as clear as a bell.
9. As good as gold. Arti: dapat dipercaya, tidak bohong. Cth: You can always believe her. Her words are as good as gold.
10. As firm as a rock. Arti: kukuh, teguh, yakin. Cth: I will never back down. My determination is as firm as a rock.
What do you think, fellas? Let’s start to use those similes to practice right away. Practice makes perfect, right?! :D
So, that’s all for tonight, fellas! Have a great evening and the best of luck for school and work tomorrow. XOXO