Hello hello, fellas! There’s still some time before maghrib and iftar. How about some #EngGame to accompany you?
Guess which 10 words ending with -cate are synonymous with the following words. Let’s start!
1. _ _ CATE. Synonyms: Clear, evacuate, leave.
2. _ _ CATE. Synonyms: Find, pinpoint, search out.
3. _ _ _ _ _ CATE. Synonyms: Involve, associate, include.
4. _ _ _ _ CATE. Synonyms: Defend, assist, support.
5. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ CATE. Synonyms: Respond, return, exchange.
6. _ _ _ _ CATE. Synonyms: Treat, sedate, poison.
7. _ _ _ _ _ CATE. Synonyms: Demolish, destroy, eliminate, wipe out.
8. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ CATE. Synonyms: Make known, tell, declare.
9. _ _ _ _ _ CATE. Synonyms: Grease, wax, oil.
10. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ CATE. Synonyms: Validate, confirm, certify, guarantee.
1. Vacate – to give up possession or occupancy of something. E.g.: She vacated the house after the police came.
2. Locate – to discover the position, situation, or whereabouts of something. E.g.: A magnet can help you locate your missing ring.
3. Implicate – to show to be involved. E.g.: The problem implicate a problem in drainage system.
4. Advocate – to speak, plead, or argue in favor of. E.g.: The doctor advocated a smoking ban in the entire house.
5. Reciprocate – to act, respond, feel, or give mutually or in return. E.g.: We always invite the neighbors and they never reciprocate!
6. Medicate – to treat with medicine. E.g.: Don’t self medicate if you’re pregnant, see a doctor.
7. Eradicate – to get rid of as if by tearing up by the roots. E.g.: It should be our goal to eradicate poverty.
A8. Communicate – to express oneself in such a way that one is readily and clearly understood. E.g.: We communicate with people everyday.
9. Lubricate – to make slippery or smooth. E.g.: Engine oil must be replaced periodically to lubricate properly.
10. Authenticate – to prove something is genuine. E.g.: Curators research, acquire, authenticate, and display interesting and significant pieces of art.
That’s all for today, fellas! XOXO