Hello hello, fellas! It’s time for me to share some #EngProverbs and today’s proverbs are all about animals. Stay tuned!
1. A cat may look at a king. Meaning: everyone has the right to be curious about important people.
2. Barking dogs never bites. Meaning: Someone who makes threats all the time seldom carries out the threats.
3. A fish always rots from the head down. Meaning: When an organization fails, it is the leadership that is the root cause.
4. Birds of a feather flock together. Meaning: People of the same sort are usually found together.
5. A leopard cannot change its spots. Meaning: It is not possible for a bad or unpleasant person to become good or pleasant.
6. Fish and guests smell after three days. Meaning: If house guests stay for a long time, they become unwelcome.
7. A monkey in silk is a monkey no less. Meaning: No matter how someone dresses, it’s the same person underneath.
8. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. – Better to keep what you have than to risk losing it to get something better.
9. Don’t kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Meaning: Don’t destroy something that would be a source of wealth or success.
10. If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one. – Do two things at the same time, neither one will bring success.