Rhyming slang is a type of slang in which a word is replaced by words or phrases they rhyme with. In this post, we will share some rhyming slang you would likely find in Australia.
- Steak and kidney. Meaning: Sydney.
- Brave and bold. Meaning: cold.
- Blood blister. Meaning: sister.
- Captain Cook. Meaning: look.
- Curry and rice. Meaning: price.
- Dog and bone. Meaning: phone.
- Gunther, please pick up the dog and bone. I’m still in the kitchen.
- Grim and gory. Meaning: story.
- Janice and Mike have a great grim and gory from their journey to Tibet.
- Kitchen sink. Meaning: drink.
- Lemon squash. Meaning: wash.
- Nail and screws. Meaning: news.
- #AUSSlang: Animals
- #AUSSlang: Rhyming slang (2)
- #AUSSlang: Australian slang related to time
- #AUSSlang: Food and drink
- #AUSSlang: Australian slang