Good evening fellas! Today is #EngQuiz day! Who loves quizzes? (^_^)
Today’s quiz will be about gerund and infinitives. Before we start the quiz, admin will give you a quick explanation about it :D
A gerund is a verb that functions as noun. For example:
– I enjoy singing live.” I enjoy sing live” is incorrect.
– We practice speaking English every day.
– Yesterday I went to the swimming pool.
In English the infinitive is made of to and the verb. For example:
– I want to go out from this room.
– You forgot to open the window.
For a complete and clearer explanation about gerunds and infinitives, you can open this link of our previous session about it https://englishtips4u.com/2012/03/02/engclass-to-gerundinfinitive/
Now it’s time for the #EngQuiz! Ready? ;)
In this #EngQuiz you will have to fill in the blank using the word in the right form (infinitive or gerund). Let’s start!
1. Alex promised _____ a letter to Lisa. (Write)
2. Jack doesn’t mind _____ by himself. (Work)
3. Josh decided _____ his fans some guitar picks after the concert. (Give)
4. When Rian lived in Germany by himself, he missed _____ his birthday with his family. (Celebrate)
5. Zack has ____ to the principal room because he fought with his friend at school yesterday. (Go)
6. Do all of us need ____ in that event? (Participate)
7. Cassadee and Rian seem ______ a happy life together. (Have)
8. I hate ____ an argument with those who can’t control themselves. (Have)
9. Instead of _____ a house, Tay decided to rent an apartment. (Buy)
10. Dales enjoys ______ science fiction. (Read)
1. to write
3. to give
5. to go
6. to participate
7. to have