- “No one says his own buttermilk is sour.” ~Afghanistan
- Meaning: No one advertises his own faults.
- “A sleeping fox finds no meat.” ~Brazil
- Meaning: We have to work hard to meet our goals.
- “A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.” ~China
- Meaning: We may not have the answer to a certain issue yet the purpose still is valuable in itself.
- “Fish and visitors smell in three days.” ~Denmark
- Meaning: Houseguest will annoy the house owner if they are staying over too long.
- “Time has turns, and the year has weeks.” ~Greece
- Meaning: Patience.
- “An empty sack can’t stand up.” ~Haiti
- Meaning: You can’t get much work done on an empty stomach.
- “Wherever we stand, we have to hold the sky.” ~Indonesia
- Meaning: Wherever we live, we must observe the local custom.
- “Let flow in the water.” ~Japan
- Meaning: Forgive and forget.
- “If the outgoing words are beautiful, then the incoming words will be beautiful, too.” ~Korea
- Meaning: Be nice to others if you want others to do the same to you.
- #EngProverb: Proverbs from various countries (L-Z)
- #EngProverb: Rain
- #EngTalk: Your learning method
- #EngGame: Nationality
- #EngTrivia: Types of government