1. I am always hungry, I must always be fed, The finger I touch, Will soon turn red.
2. When young, I am sweet in the sun. When middle-aged, I make you gay. When old, I am valued more than ever.
3. Until I am measured, I am not known,
Yet how you miss me, When I have flown.
4. I drive men mad, For love of me, Easily beaten, Never free.
5. You heard me before, Yet you hear me again, Then I die, ‘Till you call me again.
6. At the sound of me, men may dream
Or stamp their feet, At the sound of me, women may laugh, Or sometimes weep.
7. Two in a corner, 1 in a room, 0 in a house, but 1 in a shelter. What am I?
8. Alive without breath, As cold as death, Clad in mail never clinking, Never thirsty, ever drinking.
9. I’m white, I’m round, but not always around. Sometimes you see me, sometimes you don’t.
10. Toss me out of the window, You’ll find a grieving wife, Pull me back but through the door, and Watch someone give life!
5. An Echo
7. The letter ‘R’
8. A Fish.
9. The moon.
10. The letter ‘N’