- Cat nap. Meaning: A short sleep taken during the day.
- Donkey’s years. Meaning: A very long time.
- Play cat and mouse with someone. Meaning: Tease or fool someone.
- Smell a rat. Meaning: Be suspicious, feel that something is wrong.
- Talk until the cows come home. Meaning: Talk for a long time.
- Turn tail. Meaning: Run away from trouble or danger.
- Live high on the hog. Meaning: Have the best of everything.
- Go ape. Meaning: Become highly excited or angry.
- Eager beaver.Meaning: A person who is always eager to do something extra.
- Cat get one’s tongue. Meaning: Can’t speak because of shyness.
- “The cat must have got her tongue when she met him for the first time.”
- #IOTW: Idioms related to animals (2)
- #IOTW: Idioms related to animals (3)
- #IOTW: Idioms of The Week (animal theme)
- #IOTW: Cat idioms
- #IOTW: Idioms using the word ‘Dog’