The topic of this article would be: Conditional 3. Are you ready?
Conditional sentences ada 3 tipe:
Kali ini kita bahas Conditional 3.
Conditional 3 menyatakan
“Andai (dulu) aku… Sebelum ini, aku pasti sudah/ bisa saja/ seharusnya sudah/ mungkin sudah…”
Kalimat ini menunjukkan pengandaian yang tidak sesuai dengan kenyataan. Bingung? Berikut contohnya:
- “If I had had enough money, I would have flown to Australia last Christmas.”
- “Kalau (dulu) uangku cukup, aku pasti sudah terbang ke Australia Natal tahun lalu.”
Resep Conditional 3:
Main clause with Would/Should/Could/Might + have + V3 + IF clause in Past Perfect Tense
IF clause in Past Perfect Tense [comma] Main clause with Would/Should/Could/Might + have + V3
Masih bingung? Coba perhatikan contoh ini:
- “If he had learned the truth, he might have cancelled the wedding.”
- “Kalau dulu dia tahu kenyataannya, dia mungkin sudah membatalkan pernikahannya.”
Let’s try this:
- If you (study) diligently, you (will) (pass) your exam.
- Answer: “If you had studied diligently, you would have passed your exam.”
- Artinya: Kalau dulu rajin belajar,(kemarin) kamu pasti sudah lulus ujian.
It’s not so hard after all, right? ;) Let’s do more exercise.
- If he (study) more, he (may) (get) a higher mark.
- If I (know) that you needed me, I (will) (come) at once.
- If she (save) her money, she (may) (be) able to go on a vacation aboard.
- If I (feel) better, I (can) (go) to the hospital with you.
- If they (have) time last holiday, they (will) (join) the tour to Disneyland.
- If he had studied more, he might have gotten a higher mark.
- If I had known that you needed me, I would have come at once.
- If she had saved her money, she might have been able to go on a vacation aboard
- If I had felt better, I could have gone to the hospital with you.
- If they had had time last holiday, they would have joined the tour to Disneyland.
- #EngClass: Conditional 1
- #EngClass: Conditional 2
- #EngClass: Conditional clause summary
- #EngClass: Past perfect tense
- #EngClass: Modal auxiliary