Let’s start today’s lesson with a quiz on phrasal verb. Choose the correct preposition listed in the brackets.
Seperti yang sudah kita bahas sebelumnya, “phrasal verb” adalah pasangan “verb + preposition” yang membentuk arti lain.
- John turned (into/out/up) to be a good student.
- The criminal decided to turn (in/out/of) the stolen money.
- Make sure you turn (on/in/out) the light when you leave.
- He eventually turned (in/out/up) at the party at 7 o’clock.
- I think we should turn (around/in/over) and go home. It’s getting dark.
- I’m tired. Let’s turn (in/up/over).
- Could you please turn (up/down/out) the stereo? The music is too loud.
- The dog turned (over/against/away) its master and bit him!
- They had to turn (up/away/over) more than 200 visitors to the exhibit.
- He was completely shocked that his friend turned (against/off/over) him on the final vote.
- When you don’t know what to do, turn (on/off/to) Jim for advice.
- I’d like to turn this meeting (up/through/over) to Mr. Smith.
- You can’t turn (over/under/back) the clock! You have to keep on living for the present.
- My son turned (out/into/over) to be OK. I’m very proud of him.
- I was looking for some old pictures when this turned (off/up/to).
P.S.: Get your answers at the next post. :)
- #EngQuiz: Word of choice (1)
- #EngQuiz: Word of choice (2)
- #EngQuiz: Word of choice (3)
- #EngQuiz: Word of choice (4)
- #EngQuiz: Help fix these mistakes (2)