- “You never know what you can do until you try.” – Try first before deciding not to do something.
- “Virtue is its own reward.” – You should not expect praise for acting in a correct or moral way.
- “Time and tide wait for no man.” – Delaying a decision will not prevent events from taking place.
- “Snug as a bug in a rug.” – Feeling very comfortable.
- “Pride comes before a fall.” – Don’t be too self-confident or proud; something may happen to make you look foolish.
- “Never put off till tomorrow what can be done today.” – Don’t postpone something you can do now.
- “Experience is the father of wisdom.” – Experience and knowledge result in better judgment.
- “Distance makes the heart grow fonder.” – When you are separated from the person you love, your feelings are even stronger.
- “Clothes don’t make the man.” – Appearances can be deceiving.
- “Home is where the heart is.” – You call home the place where the people you love are.
Compiled and written by @Miss_Qiak at on October 16, 2011
Indonesia's first and only Twitter-based English learning portal