Hi, fellas! Masih ingat tentang Present Progressive Tense? Kali ini kita bahas tentang kalimat negative dan interrogative Present Progressive Tense yah.
Just a quick recap: Positive Present Progressive Tense is S + to be + V1+ing. Untuk penjelasan lebih lanjut, coba baca posting sebelumnya.
Cara menyusun kalimat negative (-) Present Progressive Tense:
S + to be + not + V1+ing.
Cara menyusun kalimat interrogative (?) Present Progressive Tense:
To be + S + V1+ing + ?
Tips: “is not” bisa disingkat menjadi “isn’t”, kalau “are not” menjadi “aren’t”, sedangkan “am not” menjadi “ain’t”
P.s.: “Ain’t” sering juga digunakan untuk semua Subject Pronoun.
Positive: She is adding some salt on her soup.
Negative: She is not (isn’t) adding some salt on her soup.
Interrogative: Is she adding some salt on her soup?
Turn number 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 to negative sentences, and 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 to interrogative sentences.
- He … breakfast now. (have, negative)
- The students … to the teacher. (listen, interrogative)
- We … quickly to cross the street. (run, negative)
- It … to rain. (begin, interrogative)
- You … your new suit today. (wear, negative)
- The cat … to climb the tall tree. (try, interrogative)
- She … the dining table. (clean, negative)
- The teacher … you. (watch, interrogative)
- All the birds … south. (fly, negative)
- The sky … dark. (get, interrogative)
- He is not having breakfast now.
- Are the students listening to the teacher?
- We are not running quickly to cross the street.
- Is it beginning to rain?
- You are not wearing your new suit today.
- Is the cat trying to climb the tall tree?
- She is not cleaning the dining table.
- Is the teacher watching you?
- All the birds are not flying south.
- Is the sky getting dark?