- “Advice is least heeded when most needed.” – When a problem is serious, people often do not follow the advice given.
- “Every cloud has a silver lining.” – There is a positive or hopeful side to every unpleasant situation.
- “All’s well that ends well.” – There is a solution to everything even though there are doubts.
- “He who is everywhere is nowhere.” – It’s not good to do too many things at the same time.
- “Beauty is only skin deep.” – A person’s character is more important than their appearance.
- “Charity begins at home.” – A person’s first duty is to help and care for his own family.
- “Half a loaf is better than none.” – You should be grateful for something, even if it’s not as much as you wanted.
- “If two ride a horse, one must ride behind.” – When two people do something together, one will be the leader and the other will be the subordinate.
- “Let bygones be bygones.” – Let’s forgive and forget past quarrels.
- “A stitch in time saves nine.” – It’s better to deal with a problem in its early stages, because if you don’t, it will get worse.
- “Nothing ventured, nothing gained.” – You cannot expect to achieve anything if you don’t take risks.
- “Procrastination is the thief of time.” – Delaying an action for too long is a waste of time.
Compiled and written by @Miss_Qiak at on October 7, 2011.
Indonesia's first and only Twitter-based English learning portal