- “Absence makes the heart grow fonder” – When you are away from someone you love, you love them even more.
- “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” – A person’s character is more important than their appearance.
- “Losers weepers, finders keepers” – If you lose something you weep, if you find something you keep it.
- “Marry in haste, repent at leisure” – If you get married too quickly, you may spend all your life regretting it.
- “The truth is in the wine” – People speak more freely under the influence of alcohol.
- “To err is human, to forgive divine” – It is human nature to make mistakes, therefore one should forgive.
- “Stolen fruit is the sweetest” – What is forbidden is the most tempting.
- “Put all your eggs in one basket” – Risk everything by relying on one plan.
- “Loose lips sink ships” – Disclosing important information could result in large.
- “If life deals you lemons, make lemonade” – You should make the best of a bad situation.
Compiled by @Patipatigulipat at @EnglishTips4U on August 27, 2011
Indonesia's first and only Twitter-based English learning portal