- ‘Rhythm’ is the longest English word without a vowel.
- The word ‘queue’ is the only word in English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last 4 letters are removed.
- There are only 4 English words in common use ending in ‘-dous.’ They are hazardous, horrendous, stupendous, and tremendous.
- ‘Underground’ is the only word in the English language that begins and ends with the letters ‘und.’
- Only two English words in current use end in ‘-gry.’ They are ‘angry’ and ‘hungry.’
- Of all the words in the English language, the word ‘set’ has the most definitions.
- There are more than 125 English dialects worldwide: Each dialect uses English in its own way, from pronunciation to construction.
- #EngTrivia: Interesting English facts
- #EngTrivia: Some interesting facts
- #EngTrivia: English fun facts (3)
- #EngTrivia: English fun facts (5)
- #EngTrivia: Same word, different meanings in UK and US