- “Learn to walk before you run.” – Don’t rush into doing something until you know how to do it.
- “Money doesn’t grow on trees.” – You shouldn’t waste money because it is not plentiful.
- “Patience is a virtue.” – It is good to be patient.
- “Still waters run deep.” – A quiet person can have much knowledge or wisdom.
- “The best things in life are free.” – You don’t have to pay for what is important: happiness, friendship, good health.
- “When in Rome, do as the Romans do.” – You should adopt the customs of the people or country you are visiting.
- “Walls have ears.” – Be careful. People could be listening.
- “It’s no use crying over spilt milk.” – Don’t express regret for something that has happened and cannot be remedied.
- “He who hesitates is lost.” – If you delay your decision too long, you may miss a good opportunity.
- “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.” – Inexperienced people act in situations that more intelligent people would avoid.
Compiled by @EnglishTips4U on July 10, 2011