It is another #IOTW time! :D Now we will be talking about idioms related to plants.
1. Come up roses – If things come up roses, they produce a positive result, especially when things seemed to be going badly at first.
2. Hit the hay – When you hit the hay, you go to bed.
3. Primrose path – The primrose path is an easy and pleasurable lifestyle, but one that ends in unpleasantness and problems.
4. No bed of roses – If something isn’t a bed of roses, it is difficult.
5. Shrinking violet – A shrinking violet is a shy person who doesn’t express their views and opinions.
6. Thorn in your side – A thorn in your side is someone or something that causes trouble or makes life difficult for you.
7. Turn a new leaf – If someone turns a new leaf, they change their behaviour and stop doing wrong or bad things.
8. Watch grass grow – If something is like watching grass grow, it is really boring.
9. Old chestnut – An old chestnut is something that has been repeated so many times that it has lost its impact.
10. Nip it in the bud – It means dealing with a problem when it is still small, before it can grow into something serious.
That’s all, fellas. Hope it could be useful for you! :D